Pages

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Not all who wander....

 
 
... Are lost.
This is a strange time for me. A transitional period which seems to have lasted quite awhile. I started my last year off on a completely different foot than I'm on now. My path has veered in a totally different direction. I know it's where I'm supposed to be, but alas it's bitter sweet isn't it? Ugh, I'm finding that most things are.
Around this time last year I was embarking on an exciting adventure in my career. I was taking in all the opportunity the film industry had to offer, and acting my little heart out. All the while prepping for school (acting) and in love with an amazing man. He was to move to Vancouver and we'd both be successful, and live happily ever after. That's what's supposed to happen, right?
Bitter sweet.
My love and I parted ways. Well,... Only half parted ways. He's still one of my very best friends. I still love him very much. As life goes on though, some people are better off apart. Some people need to be themselves, make mistakes, and grow,.. Alone. Doing the right thing for yourself is often a lonely road. Being young holds so many trials, and tribulations. It's difficult to navigate where you're going VS where the universe ultimately takes you. From what I gather it doesn't get any easier. All you can do is trust your on the right path, and if you're not that you'll be steered towards it.
Summer turned to fall. Something changed. Inside my heart and my head. As I still wanted to pursue acting, there had always been this hole that I couldn't fill. With anything. Working at restaurants, partying, and going to school just weren't cutting it. I needed to be creative, and shine in new ways. I just hadn't discovered how yet.


Rewind to 2009.... Out of nowhere appears this tall, great looking ginger man. Who became one of my soulmates, and the philanthropic Cyclops to my Jean Grey. Except we both like Wolverine! HA!

I met Calan Breckon during my first attempt at living in Vancouver. We modeled for a local designer together, and through a couple of awkward, hilarious encounters, we became the best of friends. It was blindingly apparent that we had been
brought together for a reason. We both shared an unparalleled love for people, equality, and kindness. I remember thinking to myself that I had never met someone like him before. Over that next year though, none of our ventures took off. He did his thing, and I did mine. The next couple of years were a blur of work, lack of self discovery, and grey. With a little love thrown in for good measure. ;)
We reconnected earlier this year and rediscovered that intense fire that we both have. We both finally realized after both going through tough breakups and rigorous self discovery, that this wasn't going away. We needed to do something, and make as much of a difference in this world as we possibly could. What started as a simple road trip, turned into what is the most anticipated event in my life.

Get RAOKT is born.
The Random Acts Of Kindness Tour.
Our heart and brainchild! One giant, never been done, crazy, fabulous backpacking trip that will brighten the lives of others. Starting in Calgary we'll be helping with rebuild and relief efforts there, then across North America. Targeting areas that have been directly affected by disaster, and possibly forgotten. Lets be honest, in a world where the news is at our fingertips, things get put on the back burner when the next big story arises. As well as volunteering at shelters and such along the way! We've searched our whole lives for an avenue that was best for us to make a difference. Finally we found it. We'll be Youtubing the whole adventure, blogging about it, and writing for whoever will listen. I have faith that GetRAOKT will be contagious, and it'll spread throughout the world. Just one little shift is all we need to start the ripple. Follow along, and feel free to email us!

2013, the year I found just a little bit more of myself.

Random Acts Of Kindness Tour.
September 2013.

XO

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment