Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Donde esta Tequila!!?

Pedregal

My Mexican journey started with a 640am flight out of Vancouver B.C., Canada. It was early March, and in Vancouver that means rain, or snow, or both. It definitely always means cold though. If you're anything like me, 640am is upsetting, especially since I have to be there at 5, and obviously have to put makeup on and look half decent. It's a vacation and I'm single! Lets be honest. I literally trudged my way through the airports (layover in San Fran), until finally I can see the coast and my destination getting closer! So exciting! There's a magic about foreign places that encapsulates you once it sets in. You can be yourself and do whatever you want. It's freeing.

Hop off the plane, and it's a humble airport. No bells or whistles. Doesn't matter though, I'm in Cabo San Lucas!! My friends (They're locals) I was meeting pick me up in this big black SUV, immediately I think 'Kidnapped!' In a good way ;). I'm informed that our first stop is a whole in the wall, family owned joint that few know about named, Mariscos El Toro Guero. I'm stoked! We get there, and a double tequila i set in front of me. I cringe. As much as I like my booze, tequila makes pure gasoline look good. I'm stared at by everyone, (I'm the only white person) and I jauntily throw it back. WORST! As I'm trying to get my bearings, a loud cheer erupts from the people in the restaurant. I laugh whole heartedly. The rest of the day/night is still a blur. I did find sand in weird places though! Ha!

Welcome to Cabo San Lucas.

El Squid Roe
Spring break in Mexico. People dream about it all year, and plan non stop. It's definitely a destination worth putting on your list. I stayed in a beautiful house in Pedregal, stay there, spend the extra money, or go with a bunch of people. Bottom line, there's few places in Cabo that come close to this area. Amazing views, wonderful giant houses, and fresh food. Make sure to take the option of having someone cook for you. It's relatively inexpensive compared to dining out. Cabo is not cheap. Unless you eat outside of the central part of the city.

After settling in, (and getting over the previous nights tequila rampage) it was time to hit the town again. Where do you go at 3pm in Cabo? Mango Deck of course! It's right on the beach, with tables literally in the sand where the water comes up, and live entertainment. Yes ladies and gents, dancing men and women. Competitions of all sorts and endless drink specials. A day at Mango deck won't be forgotten, or will it? Bahahaha.

We stayed there well into the evening and then decided to get ready for the night. We went to El Squid Roe. It's this loud, obnoxious, colorful place where you'll find locals and tourists alike. Great top 40 music, and an anything goes atmosphere. Great scenery ;), and a good time all around.

Lover's Beach
We went down to the docks the next day and went sea-dooing, and fishing. It was incredible. The guides tell you about the history of the beaches and where the 2 oceans meet. Why it's called Lover's Beach and the important notes that have molded this place. It's amazing. Highly recommend it. The sun is blazing down, I'm in my bikini, surrounded by knowledge and beauty. It was bliss.

Main strip
Later that night we dined on the rooftop of our house, and then went out for a night at Mandala. It's a classy, nicer venue, with amazing people and a light fun air about it.

We filled our days with tanning, and exploring the little shops the city has to offer. I must have read 2 books, and wrote nonstop. So much inspiration.

We finished the trip off at Passions at Nikki Beach, in the Melia Hotel. Literally my favorite place in Cabo. We went there early afternoon, and swam in their beachside pool, with a swim up bar and an exceptional DJ on the decks. Basked in our own cabana, and then danced the night away in their fireside nightclub type area. Beautiful decor, amazing staff and where all the best looking people go! It was the giant cherry on top of an incredible trip.
Main strip
Welcome to one of the best trips I've ever been on. Incredible food, people, and history.
Cabo San Lucas.

For more exciting places and a to ask questions visit I Love You Cabo, you'll be warmly welcomed by some of the best locals!

XO




No comments:

Post a Comment